My Beautiful Contradiction


Remember those days where we set standards because we believe, we deserve the best.
It was those moments where we allow ourselves to dream even of the impossible.
Sky was the limit.
And then there was you.
A man with a great mind, but I felt intimidated.
A man with great sarcasm, but I felt like a ticking bomb.
A man with great conversational skills, but I felt I was a bore.
A man who's into sports, but I felt like a lazy potato who loves my bed.
A man who's reasonable, but I felt would never go further.
A man with a great sense of adventure, but I felt more like an overwhelming being.
A man with great patience, but I felt like running out of time because each day wasn't enough.
A man with a great sense of humor, but I felt will die with my eccentricity.
A man with a great sense of responsibility, but I felt have too much things to think about.
A man with a hint of masculine sensuality, but I felt like a pervert which isn't helping me!
A man who likes a good challenge, but I felt would never take risks.
A man who can make time for me, but I felt like I need to compete for attention.
A man with a good heart, but I felt will break me.
A man who was a perfect fit, but was my contradiction.
Day in and day out, we change bit by bit.
Unconsciously growing apart.
It's not that he made me feel that way. It was because I expected things and events that are not real. Expectation kills dream.
And that's how it is. A dream.
Because no matter how much effort you put, or how much you want it. There's that pulling sensation that hinders us to what we would have wanted.
We have to understand that even people we like cannot like us back.
We need to understand that even people we love and love us back cannot spend a lifetime with us.
We have to comprehend that life doesn't work like a fairytale.
That's what they are. Not impossibility but the I'm possibility kind of person.
The kind of person we meet as a possibility in this lifetime but will never be ours to have and hold.
The chance, the what if, the possibility.
The beautiful contradiction.

Comments