Random thoughts


Sometimes I just sit somewhere and wonder about things, about life. Watch people pass by. I also like talking to people but I usually shy away. I don’t mind helping them either. It's quite interesting to understand human behaviours. Why they do what they do. There are a lot of factors that influence such actions. Like me for example, I abhor when people give compliments. Sometimes positive feedbacks can help boost one's confidence or reaffirm qualities that one already possess. I get it but the reason I hate hearing those compliments is because someone made me believe I was ugly growing up. So I usually disregard feedbacks. What's important to me now is my perception of myself. I don't need validation from others and I can certainly choose people I want to be with. My happiness and peace are invaluable. So, I don't need someone's validation of my happiness. Sure, people are entitled to what they want but I guess I need to go deeper to fully understand a person. I am grateful to have met a diverse set of people from different cultures and background. And I'm even more fortunate to have made friends with genuine people I've come acrossed and built friendships. It's refreshing to have someone whom you can actually talk about anything. I think I am lucky to have them. I called them my friends for a reason and it's good enough for me.

Comments