Beautiful Goodbye


Days, weeks, months that turned to years. It is as if the seasons has changed drastically over time without us noticing. The flight of time had hovered in making beautiful memories. Was it time taken for granted or was it us taking advantage of the opportunity? We have continuously made precious moments that could have last us a lifetime. Time had been there waiting. Always waiting for different aspects in our lives to take place. And days turned to years where time finally took a toll on us. Slowly, one by one. Morning greetings were replaced by silence. Good nights had shorten. Trips together were cancelled. Endearments had been over used and lost its essence. We were trying to bring back moments that had shaken us to our core. We were constantly chasing for renewed bonds. Rekindling buried emotions. Thou time had witness every shattering situation of my struggle for you. Trying repeatedly to bring back what we once were. I could not. I could not bring back or recreate those wonderful times when we were together. In my desperation I have lost my way. I have lost you. I have lost us. I was hoping and kept holding on to us, unaware that my actions had gradually chipped your wings to fly. I was holding you back for the endless possibilities that you are yet to discover. While you were growing closer, we were drifting apart it is then that I realize I was easily replaceable.  The change of hearts finally tore us apart. Staying was pointless. Holding on to memories of us was poison to me but I drank it anyway because I could not fathom a life without you in it. Seeing you now, the way we were before with someone other than me is killing me inside. My longing for you has exhausted me and made me grow weak each day. Life for you keep revolving but life for me had stood still for the longing I knew I could not receive. I was dying. Holding on was more painful and it’s unbearably hurting me but I’m finally letting go. I had no choice but to let go of you and everything that’s connected. Thoughts of you are destructive to my well-being. It has tainted my heart, blackened my soul and that is not who I am. That is not the person I want to become. Letting you go will revert me to who I’m supposed to be. Me. It’s time to be reborn but before I go, can I be your most beautiful goodbye?

Comments